Sunday, November 26, 2017

Welcome to My Thanksgiving!!!

Thanksgiving is behind us already. Now on to Christmas......wait...whoa......hold your horses. I don't want Thanksgiving to be over yet. I love Thanksgiving. 

What about you? What traditions do you have for Thanksgiving? What did you grow up with? Did you continue the traditions of your family? Let me tell you a little about mine........

Welcome to my Thanksgiving! At my house the day always starts with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Followed by cooking and more cooking until the house smells absolutely divine. (It always amazes me how long it takes to prepare everything and how quick it is to eat it. Lol.) After we enjoy our meal we sit back and relax and enjoy visiting with family and friends. We eventually stuff some pie into our still full tummies and sit back again. Somewhere in between we clean up the kitchen and dining room. Our evening usually ends with us all sitting around to watch a holiday movie. 

 It makes me sad that Thanksgiving seems to get forgotten between Halloween and Christmas. Does anyone agree? It is a holiday in which we receive nothing but the company of family and friends. No one gives gifts or knocks on doors for candy, we just enjoy each other as we break bread and express to each other how thankful we are. I love it!!!! 
I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving at your home. Ours was another one I will never forget and I already can't wait for next year!!!!!!





Happy Clicking!!!
Remembrance Photography by Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment