Tuesday, January 26, 2016

School Photo Time for my Kids!!

Ok, so it is not really school photo time at least for the schools, but it is for me. I take my kids photos myself. I save so much money doing this and I get the photo I want and enjoy sharing with family. I do this at the beginning of the year, not school year. I have to admit that my kids are not real excited for school photo time. It doesn't get them out of class and having a mom for a photographer....well, they are always being asked to smile for the camera. LOL. 
This past weekend we had some really nice days, so I decided to take advantage of it and get the photos done. The first thing I need to do is decide what I want for a backdrop. Do I want a solid color or an outdoor scene? Can I do it at home or do I need to travel somewhere nearby? For these photos, I decided to use an old shed we have out back that is rusty, but really gives a neat backdrop. 
Ok, so I don't have to travel for these photos. Now, what do they wear? I am not one who feels they always have to be dressed up for photos. I will do that from time to time, but this time I decided to just have them wear something nice, yet casual and comfortable. Easy, right? If I decide to have them get all dressed up, then I will sometimes try to do the photos before church. We go to an evening service typically, so once they are all pretty, I  set aside some extra time to get some quick shots. It saves me the battle of getting them all dressed up. I think it takes longer to do that than it does to do the photos.
Another great idea for school photos is to take them at a special place. I have taken  photos when we were on a trip before. I found some beautiful backdrops that we don't have around home, plus it creates a memory of that year. 

Well, school photos are done for another year. Next year will be really fun, because I will have a Senior on my hands. He will love me! I have been known to take lots of photos for special events in their lives. Lol! 


6th Grade




8th Grade




11th Grade (my non smiler)

No comments:

Post a Comment