Sunday, January 24, 2016

Family Comes First!!

I love taking photos! It has been a passion of mine for several years. But there is another passion of mine that I have had far longer...... my family! I have dreamed of having a family since I was little.  

I loved the show Little House on the Prairie. 


I wanted to be Caroline Ingalls when I grew up! She made being a mom look so fun and rewarding. 
Well, here I am a mom of 4. I am not exactly Caroline Ingalls, but I do find being a mom to be fun and rewarding. 

Weekends are our family time. We do all sorts of things as a family and it is my favorite time. Today was no exception. I started the day with a cup of coffee and had a slow morning. Then, I made breakfast for the crew. On Sundays, it has been a tradition since I was a little girl to have a bigger breakfast. I carried the tradition on into my own family. But today, I only have to cook for 4 instead of 6. My hubby and I decided to start up another tradition we have had in the past but I am sorry to say has gone by the wayside. This tradition is spending alone time with 1 of the kids. 1 parent and 1 kid. Time to really talk and give one on one attention. So, my hubby and my 17 year old son went out for breakfast together and had some male bonding time. Our kids are growing up so fast that we don't want to miss out on anything with them. 
So, back to my breakfast. I decided to make french toast and bacon for the remaining 3 kids that would join me for breakfast. French toast has also been a favorite of mine since childhood. I don't do anything real special to my recipe, just basic french toast. 



I do have a tip for making bacon though. Instead of taking the time to fry it in a pan, I cook it in the oven. I just place it on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes on 350 degrees. Be careful not to check it too often or you may fill your house with smoke. It does tend to smoke a little more in the oven, or at least my oven. Lol.  I transfer it to a paper plate with a paper towel to catch extra grease and that's it. It is so much quicker.  


So, our breakfast is ready, and it looks so yummy! 






I am sure my hubby and son are enjoying their breakfast as well. I can't wait to ask them when they get home.

Our final Sunday tradition is pizza and movie night. We take turns picking out a movie and we all sit and enjoy some homemade pizza and dessert as well as the chosen movie. Our family has grown to love ending our weekend in this way. Tonight I made Peanut Butter Truffles to go with our favorite pizza flavors.



So, all in all it has been another great day. I finish writing this right after hugging and kissing my kids goodnight. I can't wait to see them again in the morning and start another day of memories. 







No comments:

Post a Comment