Saturday, January 30, 2016

Let's Go Shopping!!!

Grocery shopping that is! It is that time of the week for me. I go once a week. Some people go every 2 weeks or even once a month, but I do it week by week. I have 3 teenagers in my house so food flies out of here like it has wings. 
I thought I would share my shopping strategy. Yes, my strategy....to save money and stay organized so I don't have to keep running back to the store to get more. My goal is to make one trip a week. Sometimes I can do it, but other times not so much.







I start out with a meal plan or menu for the week. I have a list of some of our favorite meals I return to each week to start filling my menu. 
I try to pick out a couple of chicken meals, a couple of  ground beef meals, and a couple of other meals, such as pork or steak. I have a list for breakfast ideas and dessert ideas as well.


~



If I can't fill the whole week with this list, I break out my cookbooks. I love adding new favorites to our list.


~




Once my meal plan is complete, I make out my grocery list. I have gone all high tech for this. lol I found a great app I use, called myShopi. It is a grocery list that allows you to add your stores and foods. You can add in prices and quantities to keep track of spending, and check items off your list when added to your cart. 


~




Don't forget to check out the deals in your area as well. This can help out in planning meals or just stocking up on those items you use the most. 


There is my strategy. It is not anything spectacular but it sure makes shopping easier and affordable for this family of 6. 


No comments:

Post a Comment