Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Pride of Arizona

I found this post from earlier in the year and must have forgotten to share it. 


I got the incredible opportunity to chaperone a field trip for my son's 7th grade class. The destination......the Grand Canyon! I love the Grand Canyon. The sight of it is breathtaking!  But we didn't just go there to view the beauty, we hiked down into it. This was a first for me. I don't think people realize how big this canyon is. I have been asked if we hiked down to the Colorado River. We hiked in about a mile and a half. To get to the river was a 24 mile hike. We did not have the time or supplies or probably the mental capacity to take a bunch of 7th graders on a hike that far.
The mile and a half felt like 10 miles as it was. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but the climb back out of the canyon almost kicked my butt. It took a lot of water and a few stops to catch my breath. It was totally worth it though. I got some amazing memories with my son and got to know some of his friends. Plus, I can now say that I have hiked into the Grand Canyon. It is quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself.



Happy Clicking!!!
Remembrance Photography by Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment