Wednesday, October 25, 2017

What A Night!!!!

Have you ever had those days where things go well and the day is pretty uneventful until........! I was having an amazing day. Work went well. I was getting the house to myself to get caught up on some photos, housework, and most importantly, to pack for my anniversary weekend getaway with Mark. Then it happened!!! Again!!! For the 4th time!!!!!!

Image result for pepe le pewI opened the door to let our sweet dog, Annie outside. And there eating her food was a dreaded skunk. Right there by the door. I called Annie back into the house but it was too late. I heard the spray! I smelled the smell! I had no choice but to keep my dog, who now smelled like a cross between burnt garlic and burnt popcorn, in my house until the wretched animal left my yard. It seemed like hours!!!!

Finally, it was no where to be found. I forgot to mention I had clothes on my clothesline as well. So, here I am, sneaking out into my yard, like a ninja. I took a few steps and then stopped, looked around and took a few more. When it was apparent it was safe, I got my clothes and went back inside. I let Annie outside and began to try to scrub and air out my house. By now, my eyes and nose were stinging. Sigh!!!!

My sweet man stopped and bought some deskunk shampoo. He is now fighting with poor Annie to give her a much needed bath!!!!!

I sit now, trying to settle myself down. I am considering a glass of wine to help the process along. The good news is, I did get packed and got a little bit of work done on photos. Oh, and my clothes that were on the line smell just fine. I guess that is the silver lining.



Happy Clicking!
Remembrance Photography by Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment