Friday, September 29, 2017

Foto Tip Friday!!!! Flash Compensation

Thank Goodness It's Friday! I have had a very busy week. I don't know about you, but I am wiped out this week. That is why my foto tip is not on video. I wanted to get it out on time and doing a video wasn't going to happen. I am looking forward to a quiet weekend to catch up and breath before I start another week. 

My foto tip this week is about flash compensation. Whether you use an on camera or off camera flash, it is very important to know how to adjust for different levels of light coming from your flash. Practice changing levels and see what you like. What looks the most natural? If you have an off camera flash try bouncing the light off the ceiling or wall so it will be less harsh. It sure makes a difference when your lighting is right. 

Here is a perfect example of using flash wrong. I am so embarrassed to show this photo, but here goes. This is my sweet son about 4 years ago. Notice the shadow behind him? I now know that if I had bounced my flash it would not have done this and would have been more natural. Also, I should have had my son step away from the backdrop a little and used less flash. That could have eliminated the shadow as well. 

If you are not sure how to adjust your flash than ...... you know what I am going to say, don't you? Get your users manual and do some studying up on it. I can't say that enough. Lol

Have fun practicing and Happy Clicking!


Remembrance Photography by Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment