Saturday, June 3, 2017

More Lasting Memories!!!

The past few weeks have been so full of memories and life changing moments. My heart is so full of pride and joy. My kids are everything to me and creating lasting memories for them is so very important to me. Every little new thing in there life is an opportunity to create a lasting memory.



Ashley, my oldest, is getting married in a little over a year. I stop typing so I can just take that in!! Wow!! I am speechless!! Ok, anyway, we went dress shopping about a week ago.






It was a surreal time. Another first in my life and in hers. It was a moment right out of a reality show. The family, the ooohs and aaaahs as she came out of the dressing room and of course the tears when she found that dress that took our breath away!!!














Then, there was my oldest son's graduation!  Another one about to hop out of the nest. He has worked so hard for this moment and graduated with honors. We couldn't be prouder of him! He will be headed to college in a couple months but thankfully it is here in our town, so we get to hang on to him a little while longer.




















But even though I hang on, I need to let go at the same time. This season has been sohard yet it has taught me so much about myself, my marriage, and who my children are becoming.

I still have 2 at home for a few years, so I don't have an empty nest just yet. I will hang on to them but I see them stretching to see where their wings will take them once they fly. That's ok. It is a blessing. It hurts but it is a good hurt. I am a proud mama that's for sure!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment